Partners make it possible
The Housing Opportunity Foundation partners with community-housing agencies each year on Realtors® Care Day. The agencies assist in identifying homeowners and often lend expertise on how to accomplish projects. Some also provide supervision and work the day of the event.
“It’s been a great partnership,” says Tim O’Neil, who heads the critical home repair operation for Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte. “I feel blessed to be a part of it every year. I think the Realtors®’ ability to serve 30 or more families a year with small, medium and large projects is remarkable. I’ve been amazed at their ability to harness so many volunteers on one day. It’s really incredible.”
The HAMMERS Program of the Davidson Housing Coalition is another partner. HAMMERS makes critical home repairs for low-income homeowners.
“We can’t address all the issues that need to be addressed with every project,” says Marcia Webster, executive director of the coalition. “Realtors® Care Day increases our capacity to improve the quality of life of these homeowners. It’s been a phenomenal opportunity for us.”
For 2011, here are the housing agencies partnering on Realtors® Care Day:
- City of Charlotte’s Neighborhood and Business Services Department
- Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte
- Habitat for Humanity of Iredell County
- Habitat for Humanity of Matthews
- Our Towns Habitat for Humanity (covers Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Mooresville)
- Love INC
- Davidson Housing Coalition’s HAMMERS Program