Realtors® at the heart of the community in 2012
By Terri Marshall, Housing Opportunity Foundation Executive Director
The holidays are known as a “time of caring,” but Realtor® give back throughout the year through the work of their charitable arm — the Housing Opportunity Foundation.
Here are just a few ways that the foundation contributed to the community in 2012 through your support:
- Assisted 23 homeowners in April through Realtors® Care Day. In four years, our Realtors® have helped 110 families through the project.
- Celebrated a full week of awareness in June with a theme of “Realtors® at the heart of the community.” The week included delivery of 1,103 snack bags to the homeless children served through the summer camps at A Child’s Place.
- Awarded $15,000 to seven nonprofit organizations that address unmet housing needs. Needs included housing for terminal cancer patients, educational assistance for homeless foster children, and ramps for elderly and disabled homeowners.
- Awarded $13,500 to assist in building nine affordable houses in a multicounty area for families through regional Habitat for Humanity organizations.
- In December, we will award a person, project or organization with the 2012 Humanitarian Award, which includes a donation of $2,000 to the nonprofit of their choosing.
Please consider these additional means of giving back to the community through the foundation:
Holiday shopping made easy
- On Dec. 5, join us in Statesville for the Northern Region Holiday Luncheon where you can participate in the holiday raffle.
- On Dec. 7, come to the Charlotte-area Holiday Awards Luncheon & Annual Meeting to participate in the silent auction.
The Holiday Luncheons are among the foundation’s largest fundraisers. The foundation needs a variety of items again this year, so please donate an item by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about the luncheons.
Remember someone special
The foundation welcomes honorarium and memoriam contributions to acknowledge a special person in your life. These gifts are a fitting way to show your love and respect. All donations are tax-deductible and are acknowledged in a fitting way. To remember someone special, please donate online.
We are grateful for your support, and so are the many people, families and organizations you have helped this year. As we approach the holiday season, here is our simple wish for you:
“May the same spirit of joy, compassion and thankfulness that lives within the Housing Opportunity Foundation mission be alive in your heart today and always.”