Calling all leaders!
By Kim Walker
Media Relations and Public Relations Specialist
Got leadership traits? Take this quick quiz to find out.
- Do you enjoy working on teams?
- Can you relate or connect well with others?
- Do you find yourself planning and executing well?
- Do you enjoy collecting and analyzing data or information?
- Are you good at problem-solving?
- Do you feel comfortable asking for advice?
- Can you delegate work to others?
- Can you admit your mistakes?
Seems simple, but answers of “yes” to these questions indicates that you have traits and characteristics of an effective leader. It is well-noted among scholars that great leaders are made, not born. Leaders develop through a never-ending process of self-study and evaluation, education, training and experience.
What are you doing to hone your emerging leadership skills? And to the experienced leaders, what have you done lately to refresh your skills?
Join the association’s Leadership Academy, and for one day a month for nine months you will network, connect, discover, develop and become
empowered to take your leadership skills to the next level.
Still have questions? Here’s our FAQ.
Q: Just what is the Leadership Academy?
A: Glad you asked! The Leadership Academy is a nine-session program that prepares Realtors® for leadership at the local, state and national associations.
Q: What’s the time commitment?
A: You’ll begin in March with teambuilding at the U.S. National Whitewater Center and continue until graduation in November at the VanLandingham Estates Inn & Conference Center. And it’s only one day per month.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: Tuition for the program is only $500.
Q: What’s in it for me?
A: Here’s the short list:
- Expand your confidence and teambuilding skills.
- Develop vital public-speaking skills.
- Discover and interpret diverse leadership and personality styles.
- Strengthen your organizational, communication and decision-making ability.
- Understand local government and legislative issues impacting the industry.
- Network with regional and local association leadership, and develop business and community connections.
- Become more aware of Charlotte’s past, present and future, and be involved in conversations that lead to change.
- Oh, and you’ll also gain four hours of continuing-education (CE) credit as well.
Where else can you get training like this for only $500?