Do you have leadership traits? Take this quick quiz to find out:
- Do you enjoy working on teams?
- Can you relate or connect well with others?
- Do you find yourself planning and executing well?
- Do you enjoy the process of collecting and analyzing data or information?
- Are you good at problem solving?
- Do you feel comfortable asking for advice?
- Can you delegate work to others?
- Can you admit your mistakes?
Seems simple, but an answer of “yes” to these questions indicates that you possess the traits and characteristics of an effective leader. Great leaders are made, not born. Leaders develop through a never ending process of self-study and evaluation, education, training and experience. And now more than ever, as a member of a rapidly changing industry, it’s imperative that you understand many of the outside influences impacting the real estate business, and that you are prepared to act and be a voice for the industry and homeownership.
So what are you doing to hone your emerging leadership skills?
And to the experienced leaders: what have you done lately to refresh your skills?
Join the association’s Leadership Academy, and for one day a month for nine months you’ll network, connect, discover, develop and become empowered to take your leadership skills to the next level!
Still have questions? Here’s our FAQ:
Q: Just what is the Leadership Academy?
A: Glad you asked! The Leadership Academy is a nine-session program that prepares Realtors® for leadership in business, the community, and the association on the local, state and national level.
Q: How much time and for how long?
A: You’ll begin in March with teambuilding at the U.S. Whitewater Center and continue until graduation in November at the Van Landingham Estates Inn & Conference Center. And your commitment is only one day per month.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: Tuition for the program is only $500.
Q: What’s in it for me?
A: Here’s the short list:
- Expand your confidence and teambuilding skills
- Develop vital public speaking skills
- Discover and interpret diverse leadership and personality styles
- Strengthen your organization, communication and decision-making
- Understand local government and legislative issues impacting the industry
- Network with regional and local association leadership, and develop business and community connections
- Become more aware of Charlotte’s past, present and future and be involved in conversations that lead to change
Where else can you get training like this for only $500?
Still not convinced? Watch this video!
What others are saying about the Leadership Academy:
“This program gave me the opportunity to meet and work with agents from other companies, and discover that we have a great deal in common. Working together is the key component to committee work, leadership positions and, especially, a tough transaction.” – Jennifer Frontera, Class of 2000 and 2012 association/CarolinaMLS president
“One of the most rewarding experiences of my real estate career. Through the individual sessions, introductions, conversations and connections provided by the committee and staff, I have developed a stronger sense of myself as a member of both the Charlotte real estate community and greater Charlotte community. I look forward to participating in both arenas as a volunteer in the years to come, knowing that this experience has given me a strong foundation to ensure success in future endeavors.” – Melanie Coyne, Class of 2009 and 2013 Chair of the Leadership Selection Committee
“An old man is not supposed to chase around in the woods, walk the high wire, and raft the rapids, but with your help, I did! To the association staff: thanks for the great experience; to my fellow classmates: a loud and heartfelt ‘hooray!’” – Rufus Hutchinson, Class of 2010 and 2012-2013 CarolinaMLS board member